My dear brothers and sisters in faith,
I am Archbishop Sean Alexander, entrusted with the spiritual leadership of the Archdiocese of the Sacred Heart. Today, I am honored to discuss our policy regarding donations, a fundamental aspect of our mission as we follow the Benedictine faith tradition.
In the spirit of St. Benedict, who advocated for a life of prayer, work, and community, we understand that stewardship of resources is a sacred responsibility. The Benedictine tradition teaches us that all things are to be held in common, and this extends to the material resources we are blessed with. Our policy on donations is rooted in these principles, and it reflects our commitment to living out our faith in a meaningful and practical way.
- Gratitude: We approach donations with a heart full of gratitude. We are thankful for the generosity of our parishioners, benefactors, and supporters. Your contributions, whether financial or in-kind, are deeply appreciated, and we acknowledge the sacrifices you make to support the mission of the Church.
- Transparency: We uphold transparency as a core value in our financial dealings. It is our solemn duty to ensure that all donations are used in a manner that aligns with our mission, serving the spiritual, emotional, and material needs of our community. Detailed financial reports are made available to our parishioners and donors, reflecting our commitment to accountability.
- Stewardship: We recognize that every donation is a sacred trust. As stewards of God’s gifts, we are responsible for their wise and just management. We strive to utilize donations efficiently and effectively, ensuring that they bring maximum benefit to our community and the broader society we serve.
- Prioritizing Needs: In accordance with the Benedictine tradition of hospitality, we prioritize the needs of the most vulnerable among us. Donations are allocated to support the poor, the sick, the marginalized, and all those who require assistance, in line with Christ’s call to love our neighbor as ourselves.
- Building Community: The Benedictine tradition emphasizes the importance of community life. Donations are used to foster a sense of belonging and togetherness among our parishioners and supporters. We invest in programs and initiatives that bring people closer to God and strengthen their bonds with one another.
- Prayerful Discernment: We engage in prayerful discernment when making decisions about the allocation of funds. Through prayer, we seek God’s guidance to ensure that our choices are in harmony with His divine will and the teachings of our faith.
- Legacy and Future Generations: We are mindful of the legacy we leave for future generations. Donations are not merely for the present but are investments in the future of our Church. We are committed to preserving our faith tradition and passing it on to those who will come after us.
In conclusion, our policy regarding donations is a reflection of our commitment to living out the Benedictine faith tradition.
We are deeply grateful for the support we receive, and we pledge to honor your generosity by using these resources for the greater glory of God and the well-being of our community.
Together, as one family in Christ, we continue to build a legacy of faith, compassion, and love.
May God bless you abundantly for your contributions, and may His grace guide us as we carry out our mission in the spirit of St. Benedict.
Mail donations to:
Archdiocese of the Sacred Heart
205 N Florida Avenue
Avon Park, FL 33825
Yours in faith,
The Most Reverend ++Sean Alexander, DD, OSB
Archdiocese of the Sacred Heart